Medical Canvasses – The Less “Sexy” but Highly Efficient Investigative Tool in the Claim Mitigating Process
The sexy mitigating information comes from an online deep dive, including social media photos. Medical canvasses may be less sexy, but their fast turnaround time, ability to provide a plethora of factual mitigating information, and great return on investment is often forgotten about.
What exactly is a medical canvass? It is an in-depth telephone research analysis tailored to uncover pre-existing claims and aggravated injuries. If your claimant files a loss and you are trying to determine what injuries are compensable on your claim, one of the first tools to utilize in this process would be a medical canvass.
Here are a few other things to remember…
- A medical canvass can determine if the claimant was treated for the same injury prior to the date of loss by identifying pre-existing conditions.
- A medical canvass reaches beyond the claims history index because it utilizes phone calls to locate when and where a claimant sought treatment.
- A signed medical release is not required to determine when a claimant was treated, it is only necessary to obtain the actual records physically, which can be pursued once you know where they were treated. This saves time and reserves through the mitigating process.
- A medical canvass can identify previous treatment for a similar injury that may or may not be related to the loss in question.
Capital Investigating provides highly accurate nationwide medical canvasses with a fast, five-day turnaround time. Types of Medical Checks include…
- Hospitals, Urgent Cares, and Clinics
- Orthopedic Surgeons, Physical Therapists, Chiropractors, Neurologists, and Physicians
- Sports Therapy Clinics, Occupational Therapy Clinics
- Pharmacies, MRI Centers
- Dental Facilities
Capital makes it easy to assign, easy to mitigate your claim when it comes time to settle, and easy to bundle multiple checks for a reduced rate. Contact us today to take the first step towards identifying fraud in your claims. For additional information, go to https://capitalinvestigating.com/medical-checks/
Helping find the best mitigating information for the best, fastest settlements!